Sunday, January 22, 2012

THE ONE WITH THE CATCH UP

Sunday, January 22, 2012
It’s been a few weeks since my last blog on New Year’s Eve and I’d love to tell you that I’ve been ever so busy doing fabulous things, but the truth of the matter is I’ve been really lazy. I’ve literally been laying around on the couch catching up on sleep and bad TV over the Christmas break I had from work. So much so, that I even joked with Shanelle that my couch has a body imprint of me from having spent hours on it for the past few weeks. That’s what holidays are for though, right?! With Ryan away for three weeks, I had the house to myself and it became my little quiet haven. I rarely cooked dinner for myself (who can be bothered cooking for one every night?), the house stayed super neat and tidy for all I did was go from the bed, to the shower, to the couch and back again. Pure relaxing bliss.

Don’t get me wrong, there were the girly catch ups, the dinners with friends, the pool hanging on hot days, a few hours laying on the beach, shopping and I did speed read my way through a fabulous read in a few days, The Help. I’m sure loads of you would have read it or seen the movie, but if you haven’t, I highly recommend it. I literally could not put the damn thing down. I laughed, I cried, I flicked from one page to the next desperate to read how the story went.

Sadly though, it had to come to an end and it was back to work for me and my fabulous little cycle of doing nothing was over. Life is now back to normal. I’m back at work, Ryan is home again (YAY!) and January is coming along quite quickly.

There are a few little things I have brewing this month, such as my save the date cards which are en route from St Louis. I’m just desperate to get them into my hot little hands and send them out as soon as humanly possible. And in addition to that, my FAVOURITE little custom blog designer is currently whipping me up my wedding website to send to all of our family and friends so they can keep informed on the week of our wedding. I tell you what, Miss Sass is just a dream come true and I love her designs and creativity. I tell her what I like and she brings it to life. Um, love her!

Another exciting thing for me is that my lil sis Jessie is turning 21 this month. Very hard for me to believe as I still see her as a little three year old girl. Bless. So, we have a delicious family lunch planned to celebrate and I have a nice little present to give her, which makes me ever so nervous. I really hope she loves it as much as I think she will. So, bring on Mr Wolf for a classic margherita and the cos salad. And for Jess, the potato pizza, a cocktail and the chocolate mousse. My mouth is literally watering as I type this. No joke.

And of course, I have Leanne’s wedding to look forward to in just under three weeks now. Oh em gee. I'm extremely excited to attend this wedding because I feel like I’ve been there every step of the way with the organising and research and the ohhing and ahhing over wedding blogs together. It will be amazing to see how it has all pulled together nicely and of course, I'm excited for us girls to have a fabulous time on the dance floor boogying the night away. Super dooper excited. Oh and P.S. I will be recycling outfits for the weddings I attend this year. This makes Ryan very happy. No more new dresses for me.

Love to you all,

No comments:

Post a Comment