Saturday, December 31, 2011

THE ONE WITH NEW YEAR'S EVE

Saturday, December 31, 2011
So, it’s New Year’s Eve and I’m sitting at Elwood beach as I write this blog, getting a little tan and relaxing to the max.  I just LOVE the little beach side suburb we live in and the fact I can walk five minutes down the road to the beach.  Comes in super handy when your fiancée is overseas and you have lots of time to catch up on books and magazines.

One of my favourite New Year’s Eves was two years ago when Ryan and I were in Paris. It was below zero, snowing, freezing and SO much fun! We stayed in a lovely hotel in the 7th arrondissement surrounded by quaint little cafes and exclusive boutiques. I’d love to say that we spent NYE drinking wine, eating scrumptious food and just being all around fabulous, but no, we rugged up and walked the streets for the night with about five billion other people. I’m talking hours and hours on end of walking, seeing the sights, stopping at a few places along the Champs Elysses and  having a drink at a bar every hour or so. And when I say drink, I was having camomile tea in order to warm me up. I was frozen right to the bones. Il fait super froid. Ryan would laugh and laugh at me for being so outrageously uncool with my tea, on New Year’s Eve, in a city that was clearly going crazy with people really kicking up their heels.
We made our way down to the Eiffel Tower for midnight and it was really something special and I’m so happy that we did it. You see, Paris was a quick side trip after we had spent Christmas in Ireland with Ryan’s family. A nice little trip for just the two of us and it was beautiful. J'aime Ryan.
Some Parisian memories…
Midnight kiss at the Eiffel Tower on NYE
Coffee stop
Louvre on New Years Day 2010
Arc de Triomphe
So cold my nose was red

Happy New Year French style

It has been a super fabulous year for me and I'm just so excited to see what 2012 brings. Lots of weddings that's for sure, but hopefully lots of love and happiness for all.

Amour à vous,

No comments:

Post a Comment