Monday, February 20, 2012

THE ONE WITH THE RETURN OF FOOTBALL

Monday, February 20, 2012
Urgh, so it’s back. Football. How on earth am I even saying these words in February?! Is it me, or is football starting earlier and earlier each year?

Last night, a Sunday night, I strolled into my lounge room to find this…


My fiance engrossed in a game of football. On a Sunday night! And what’s worse is that he informs me, in what I can only describe to you as an overly excited tone, that there is a new AFL channel on Foxtel. Awesome. So now, rather than a few games on TV on the weekends, I now have a full on channel dedicated to AFL in my lounge room, giving Ryan the opportunity to watch games 24/7. Nooooo.

Sunday night is still movie night to me. Remember the good old days when every Sunday night there would be a movie on at 8.30pm on channels 7, 9 and 10? What happened to that? I admit, AFL is not entirely to blame for this. There are an abundance of crime shows on Sunday night, all the CSI’s and Law and Orders, but now there is this special AFL channel in the mix, my TV life will never be the same again. 

I love nothing more than relaxing to the max from 4pm on Sunday afternoon in preparation for a week of work ahead. I put my PJs on and lay on the couch watching TV for as long as I possibly can. Not using any energy. Just laying there, slug like. Last night however, I had to find ways to fill some time while Ryan caught the Essendon vs. ‘some other team’ game. And it wasn’t so bad, but I just know as the months go on and the proper AFL season starts and the weather is wintery, I’m not going to be as accommodating with this new channel.

So we have the return of AFL, the return of soccer (or not...is it on year round? I'm unsure) and of course, Ryan has his football season starting in April which sees him training three times a week in addition to his weekly games (not to mention the fact that he has been doing pre season training for about 6 weeks now).

Too much football for me. Bring back the Sunday night rom com. WAGs unite.

Love to you all, 

1 comment:

Shanelle said...

Ha ha ha hilarious! Jan was doing the same thing! Talking to me whilst passing the time wasn't so bad was it?! It's gonna be a long 9 months ahead for you hunny - my suggestion - pick a team (preferable North or Essendon) accompany us to the games, cringe as Jan spends more time out of his seat than in it, swear you'll never go to another game with him again, and then do it all over again the following week!!! Mwah, xoxo

Post a Comment