Tuesday, December 6, 2011

THE ONE WITH LUKE & WENDY'S WEDDING

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

On a beautiful day, in a beautiful winery, a real sweetheart named Luke married his gorgeous bride named Wendy.

The moment that Wendy walked down the aisle with her parents, I knew that it would be a beautiful day. She looked stunning. Absolutely stunning. Her dress, her hair, her makeup. She looked like she was straight out of a bridal magazine. The ceremony and the reception were held at the Morning Star Winery in Mornington (which overlooks Port Phillip Bay) and you almost could imagine you were at a gorgeous chateau in France, made even more realistic with the lovely champagne in hand all day long.
  

There were so many gorgeous little touches throughout the day that I loved, things like the clusters of vases full of lovely white and green on each table, the individualized cupcakes for each guest added a great talking point with others on your table and the beautiful/amazing song performed by one of the guests (and 
let me say this, the girl could sing - she was captivating).


Everyone was having a blast during the reception, dancing the night away, no bums in seats. The music was fabulous. It was just so Luke. All of his favourite oldies like Frank Sinatra were played. I only wish he had a little croon with the band himself. Bless. And, I was even happier with the songs played because Ryan managed to get up and dance with me for quite a while. I love when he dances with me at weddings. Maybe that is my favourite thing about going to weddings, having a dance with my fiancée.


It was such a truly magical day. The following day however, rain, wind, cold. The perfect day for a hangover. And if our hideous headaches were anything to go by, it was one hell of a reception.

Luke and Wendy, sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G
First comes love,
Then comes marriage…


Love to you all,


2 comments:

Life Love and Hiccups said...

What a beautiful wedding. makes me want to do it all again :) xx

Natalie said...

It was a truly beautiful wedding. Where was your wedding Sonia? Any advice for me when it comes to planning?

Post a Comment