Wednesday, April 11, 2012

THE ONE WITH SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO

Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Ah Easter, how I miss you already. Four days away from work, catching up with friends and family, fancy meals out, a pamper day with Shanelle, red wine, Easter eggs, my new risotto maker, DVD marathons. Unfortunately, it’s now back to the daily grind. Meh.

This year is a bit different for Ryan and I given we’re saving our pennies (except over the Easter weekend which saw our budget get thrown out the window for a few days…not so much) and therefore, we’re not going on any holidays in 2012. Super sad face. There is usually one slash two holidays for us each year giving us something to look forward to, something to get excited about as you battle your way through the long and tedious weeks of work. This year there is no holiday to look forward to. Meh again.

I had so been looking forward to Easter and the break from work, which let’s be honest I was in desperate need of, and now it’s over I have no countdown to anything. Except of course our wedding….in 13 months. Let's not forget about that. 

So it is with great pleasure that I’m now going to throw myself into full on wedding planning. Look out desk buddies, you may (scrap that, you WILL) be bombarded with excessive talk of wedding shoes, wedding favours, wedding flowers, wedding food, wedding everything, starting from now.

While we have our venues booked, our photographer and my dress confirmed, we still have a hell of a lot to get sorted. And so it begins. Luckily I’m already armed with gorgeous wedding stationary, notebooks, folders and a planner (courtesy of one desk buddy who may possibly regret showing an interest in anything wedding related once I really start talking her ears off). Now I just need to start crossing things off my list.

Oh and one thing before I go…this new risotto maker…it's life changing. No more stirring, no more uncooked rice after 30 minutes of adding stock cup by cup, no more agony in my right arm. Simply add ingredients, put the lid on and press a button. The end result: creamy, oozy, delicious risotto. Perhaps I’ll bring the risotto maker to New York and just whip up a batch for the wedding dinner. Save us some pennies right there. 

Love to you all, 

No comments:

Post a Comment